top of page

Group

Public·7 members
Christopher Gonzalez
Christopher Gonzalez

[S1E8] Cataclysm And Rebirth

The Calamity lasted for centuries.[2] The Calamity occurred at the end of the Age of Arcanum and ended with the Divergence. Occasionally, the Calamity is described as a separate epoch from the Age of Arcanum,[3][4] but it is more consistently described as occurring at the end of the Age of Arcanum and ending it.[5][6] Though most often referred to as a singular war,[7] the Calamity is occasionally defined as multiple but collective wars between the gods and the resulting cataclysms.[8][9]

[S1E8] Cataclysm and Rebirth

DOWNLOAD: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Furlcod.com%2F2uhtfn&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw2mNX3kZ8zk0dgZ7pHt2jVx

After Donna Troy is killed by a fleet of Superman androids reprogrammed by Brainiac, she is resurrected by the Titans of Myth, who seek to exploit her status as an "anomaly" from the world that existed before Crisis on Infinite Earths to escape the coming cataclysm of Infinite Crisis. This story establishes Donna's status as an anomaly of the timeline, explaining that she survived the Crisis and was later subjected to multiple alternate origins as the universe tried to fit her into the new timeline created following the collapse of the Multiverse. This makes Donna in effect "a living key to the lost Multiverse". This same storyline also reveals that Dark Angel is an evil alternate universe version of Donna from Earth-Seven. Another pre-Crisis survivor, she "was saved by the Anti-Monitor, and raised to be his harbinger of doom, Dark Angel. But Dark Angel was uncontrollable, and vanished".[60]

Was an advanced civilization lost to history in the global cataclysm that ended the last Ice Age? Graham Hancock, the internationally bestselling author, has made it his life's work to find out--and in America Before, he draws on the latest archaeological and DNA evidence to bring his quest to a stunning conclusion.

The concept is that it was destroyed by a global flood.The evidence is minimal because a global flood/comet impact destroyed it basically washed it all away into the oceans...save for a few remaining monuments.That's Hancock's entire point.You're only taking one of Hancock's points - the idea of a lost civilization while ignoring his other point - that there was a global cataclysm that destroyed all evidence of this civilization.Sure the idea that a civilization basically as advanced as ours could be wiped away with nary a trace is hard to swallow.But it doesn't mean it's not true.

That last point is actually a good one, well in combination with the question of 'Where is their stuff'. I did a bit of reading after this as well and the last ice age was incredibly long, and even though it technically didn't prevent humans to develop sedentary culture before it, it is a whole lot less easy than in the favorable conditions we live in today. The argument someone like me would make in face of the 'where is their stuff argument' would go something like 'If we were hit by a global cataclysm that lasted almost a 1000 years, none of it would be left standing, especially all the stuff that would be under the sea.' But, since more simple remains did survive the Ice Age, that argument doesn't exactly hold. Unless the advanced Civ Hancock tells us about EXCLUSIVELY built their stuff on the shorelines of Antartica, but such a stark divide of cities by the sea and indigenous people inland seems unlikely. Also, I read in other places about the 'agricultural' revolution and apparently it was very much a slow and step by step process. That still doesn't answer all the 'mysteries' of ancient sites of course, but yeah, I guess we'll simply have to wait for more evidence. I stand somewhat conviced, even though a part of me kind of wants to believe. Luckily, that's the harmless kind of ignorance.

It's really two paradigms.Thomas Kuhn said it best when...competing paradigms are incommensurate. There's no common language from which to evaluate evidence across the two paradigms. So we are destined to talk past each other. Maybe the disagreement stems more from temperamental differences.I maintain that there are basically two different types of people. People who instinctively defend the existing order and people who wish to tear it down. There is always a conservative and a radical to oppose them. I personally have always been an opponent of the existing order whether it be political, intellectual, or religious. I suppose there are others who defend the existing order with as much fervor as I oppose it.Only time will tell which paradigm will win.Those who believe an ancient advanced civilization destroyed by a cataclysm sincerely believe it - we believe it with as much certainty as the fact that the sun will rise and many including myself would bet a million dollars or even our lives on its factuality.We don't just believe.We believe beyond reasonable doubt with absolute certainty and conviction. To us, it is obvious.And history will prove we are right. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Anthony Cooper
    Anthony Cooper
  • Tikhon Rybakov
    Tikhon Rybakov
  • Ryan Wright
    Ryan Wright
  • Tamim Ahmed
    Tamim Ahmed
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page